Introduction to massage courses
The Introduction to Massage courses are designed for people who are keen to learn or refresh basic massage skills. They are highly interactive, packed with information and offering the chance to both give and receive massage throughout.
Introduction to Massage - Part 1
The course covers:
- Practical considerations with getting set up for massage such as the space, the couch, using towels and pillows, selecting massage oils
- Brief overview of the workings of the body
- Learning techniques for massaging the back, neck and head
- How to apply pressure whilst protecting your body
Introduction to Massage - Part 2
Suitable for people who have completed Part 1 or equivalent introductory course
The course covers:
- Refreshing basic massage skills
- Reviewing massage for back, neck and head
- Focus on legs, feet, arms & hands - techniques for massaging these areas along with looking at basic anatomy and physiology
- Making massage meaningful - improving quality of touch
- Putting it all together: the full body massage
Individuals are most welcome to attend, as are friends and partners. The courses are run with very small groups so there is lots of individual tutoring and support.
Tia's courses are run Botelet Farm in South East Cornwall. The courses costs £80 per person. This includes a handbook, bottle of organic massage oil to take away and all resources needed are provided along with teas, coffees and healthy snacks for break times, please bring a packed lunch.
See below for upcoming course dates for Introduction to Massage courses. The courses can be run as a one day workshop, or a series of evening classes. Please get in touch if you would like to suggest a new course date.
Please note that Part 2 is suitable for people who have already taken Part 1 or an equivalent course. Please contact Tia if you are unsure whether to book onto Part 2.
The Introduction to Massage courses are for personal use (for example with family) - they do not lead to a qualification that enables you to work as a professional massage therapist. Tia discusses options for acquiring a professional massage diploma as part of the Introduction to Massage courses.
This course is an APNT recognised workshop.
Massage Course Cancellation policy
Please note that the massage course fee is only refundable if cancellation is made in writing more than four weeks before the start of the course.